Richard's Blog

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Kawau Island Cruise: Kokako - Core Sound 17


These pictures document a two day cruise I did to Kawau Island in January 2007. Here I am setting out from Maharangi which is about a 45 min. drive from Auckland where I live. (If you have Google Earth you can type in Auckland - if you zoom out a bit you will see Kawau Island named. If you zoom in on the island the biggest harbour is Bon Accord where I anchored for the night)

Kokako is a Core Sound 17 designed by Graham Byrnes of B & B Yacht Designs. On the first day the wind was about 10 knots (one the nose so I was tacking all day). Coming back the wind changed to mean it was a tack back as well. Both days I sailed about 4 hours stopping for lunch.

Kawau Bay is a great cruising ground north of Auckland, New Zealand. I have sailed here before on bigger boats, but this was my first trip in Kokako.

1 Comments:

  • hi Richard

    being impressed with your terrific photos and adventures I'd like to ask you about a technical queston now: I can see you replaced sleeve luff system on your CS17 with a track system. I'm interested in some details because I'm currently building another B&B design, BRS17. Would you like to contact me directly please?

    Best regards.

    Wojtek Baginski
    Warsaw, Poland
    wwbaginski@tlen.pl

    By Blogger wojtek, at December 16, 2007 at 9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home